Why Do It?
There is no adventure quite like the career of an Air Force Officer. The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. These core competencies make our six distinctive capabilities possible.
Why Detachment 290?
- A medium-size Detachment, our team has a talented group of Professional Officer Cadets and Cadre Staff that provide Leadership courses that produce the highest caliber Officers.
- Our Color Guard is active at almost every home UK Football & Basketball games. If you haven't heard, Kentucky is the home of great College Basketball.
- Thanks to our continued service to UK with a security service after hours, our Cadet Wing has far more resources than many other programs.
- Our cadets have historically placed very high in career matching. For those meeting qualifications, seeking a pilot, navigator, or other rated slot
- Our detachment produces results. Just ask one of the hundreds of pilots and navigators on active duty today from our program.
If you're interested in learning more about our Detachment, click here.